Care Aide Full Time – Start Immediately
Location: New Westminster / Langley / Coquitlam
About Independence Matters Support Services Inc.
At Independence Matters Support Services Inc., we provide an array of services from driving to and accompanying all appointments or special events, in home or hospital companionship, personal or grocery shopping assistance, monitor daily activities for residents in their homes to attend their ADLs. Provide peace of mind for families and loved ones when their special senior lives independently. All the staff at Independence Matters take pride in treating our clients with respect and dignity, caring for them the way we would our own family.
This position is to provide care under the Framework of Practice as outlined by the Minister of Health BC to independent seniors in the community according to set out care plans and client needs. You will be empowered to provide care and advocate for your client with a goal to promote independent living in a client centered care environment. Our care focus’ the home environment and promoting safe living solutions. Personal Care, grooming, meal preparation, escorts to physicians are a sample of the support we provide. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and able to use critical thinking to create positive solutions and outcomes. This position comes with competitive wages and benefits.
This position requires weekend and evening availability
• Follow Care Plans as set out by supervisor and record in appropriate documentation
• Maintain and promote caring relationships with clients supporting independence
• Work cooperatively with supervisors and team members to relay all client concerns
• Advocate for client needs (emotionally and physically) and safety
• Appropriately manage emergency situations with clients
• Health Care Assistant / Residential Care Aide Certificate, or equivalent experience and training is required with Medication Administration Certificate
• A current CPR and First Aid Certificate is required,
• Must be registered with the BC Care Aide registry
• A current Criminal Reference Check
• Ability to communicate effectively (verbal/written) and exercise good judgment is required
• Vehicle in good operating condition- appropriate for client access – valid driver’s license is required
Please email all resumes along with supporting documents and all references to firstname.lastname@example.org